Home - Development - Applications
Many of the websites that we use everyday are more than just informative, they provide a variety of services, for example, banking websites or social media sites. Often these websites connect to back-end services to provide the functionality. These back-end systems often need to connect to databases to store information, process the information through a number of rules, and present this information to the user. This is my particular strong-suit, designing and developing these systems that manipulate the data as needed.
I'm a strong believer in using MVC Architecture to cleanly separate the data manipulate, the data storage, and the user views.
Developing application platforms is another aspect of my development experience.
2017-2018 - NRG Energy, Inc
At NRG Energy, I was a full-time Application Developer. I worked on a wide variety of systems, many having to do with back-end client and utility data processing and manipulation. These systems are primarily architected around the features Amazon AWS hosting platform.
- Technologies: PHP, Python, AWS [EC2, Lambdas, queues, etc]
2010-2011 - EZ-Tees, LLC
My time at EZ-Tees was quite busy. Not only did I work on the websites, I also worked on their ground-up Customer Relationship Management system. My work on this system included:
- Leading role in architecture of the system
- Enhancing the home-grown PHP MVC Framework system for compatibility with the AJAX requests from the UI
- Implementation of most of the model and data access objects
- Implementation of an automated communications system.
- Assisted in implementation of UI based on Sencha ExtJS
2008-2010 - Drakontas, LLC
Drakontas is a leading provider of collaboration software solutions and training programs to Federal, state, and local governments, serving the defense, law enforcement, criminal justice, and transportation communities.
In my time at Drakontas, I primarily worked on the latest version of the DragonForce team collaboration platform utilizing the XMPP messaging protocol. my work included:
- Leading role in architecture of the system with fellow Lead Software Engineers
- Worked with the team to extend functionality of the XMPP feature-set to include "real-time" mapping and file-sharing,
- Developed the file-sharing component for extending the Python-based back-end object model